Choosing a Counsellor
How to make safer choices
All GMG counsellors are professionally qualified to post graduate level and are members or accredited by BACP or COSCA
Accredited BACP counsellor/psychotherapists have met and continue to maintain BACP's highly regarded standards of
professional training, practice and development.
When searching for a counsellor or psychotherapist, BACP accreditation acts as a kitemark.
Accreditation helps clients, colleagues and employers make informed decisions about the counsellor/psychotherapist they
choose - reliable, safe and ultimately better decisions.
Important questions to ask your counsellor/psychotherapist
- Are you accredited or registered with BACP or COSCA?
- What training do you have?
- How much experience do you have? (To be eligible for accreditation counsellors need a minimum of 450 post training counselling hours)
- What is the statement of ethics that you work to and can you explain the meaning of confidentiality?
- How long does a session last and how much does it cost?
- What records do you keep and who will have access to them?
- How many sessions will I need?
- Do you carry out any reviews or ongoing assessments?
© GMG Associates Ltd 2008 - Cookies